Centra food producers have claimed 19 accolades at this year’s Blas na hÉireann Irish Food Awards, including 7 gold.
Celebrating the very best of food and drink, Blas na hÉireann, The Irish Food Awards is the largest competition on the island of Ireland for quality Irish produce. The awards, announced on 2nd October, saw 15 Centra suppliers take home 7 gold, 5 silver and 7 bronze for their products available in Centra stores across Ireland.
The expertly created Inspired by Centra range came out on top with 11 products receiving awards, 6 of which were gold. Working with trusted suppliers nationwide, the Inspired by Centra gold winning products include the Inspired by Centra Irish Rotisserie Chicken supplied by Carton Bros, Co. Cavan, Inspired by Centra Irish Angus Sirloin Steaks with pink peppercorn butter produced by Kepak, Co. Cork, Inspired by Centra Potato Gratin produced by Ballymaguire in Dublin and Inspired by Centra Overnight oats produced by Fresh Cut Foods, Co. Dublin.
Inspired by Centra Irish Angus Sirloin Steaks with pink peppercorn butter 440g, produced by Kepak, Co. Cork. Was €8 now ONLY €7 from 7th - 13th of October. Available in participating stores only, while stocks last, €13.64/kg.
Speaking on the success of Centra’s suppliers, Ian Allen, Managing Director, Centra said; “As the leading Irish Convenience retailer, we pride ourselves on offering quality Irish produce for our customers to enjoy. Our trusted suppliers scooping 19 accolades at this year’s awards demonstrates this. The Blas accreditation is a testament to Centra’s quality products from trusted Irish suppliers available across our network of 480 Centra stores nationwide.”
Now in its 14th year, Blas na hÉireann, The Irish Food Awards sees competition from a range of top-quality Irish producers across 32 counties.
With over 480 stores, Centra employs almost 11,000 people and serves over three million customers per week. Centra invests more than €240 million in local communities per annum, which is the equivalent of €4.5 million per week through a combination of payments to local suppliers, acquisition of local business services, wages, charitable donations and local sponsorships.
Full list of Centra supplier accolades listed below.
GOLD AWARD WINNERS:
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA 48 HOUR MARINATED IRISH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN, Carton Brothers Ltd, CAVAN
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA IRISH ANGUS SIRLOIN STEAKS WITH PINK PEPPERCORN BUTTER, Kepak, Cork
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA POTATO GRATIN, Ballymaguire, Dublin
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA WHITE CHOC & CRANBERRY BITES, Carleton Cakes, Co. Monaghan
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA OVERNIGHT OATS, VANILLA YOGURTWITH BLUEBERRIES AND STRAWBERRIES, Fresh Cut food services, Dublin
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA YULE LOG, Couverture Desserts Ltd, Kildare
- CENTRA HAM & CHEESE VOL AU VENT, Prestige Foods, Kerry
SILVER AWARD WINNERS:
- CENTRA IRISH RAPESEED OIL, Newgrange Gold, Meath
- CENTRA SUPERVALU BEETROOT HUMMUS, Wonderfoods, Dublin
- CENTRA CHICKEN WITH GARAM MASALA SOUP, Ballymaguire, Dublin
- THE HAPPY PEAR LOVELY BASIL PESTO, Happy Pear, Wicklow
- THE HAPPY PEAR HAPPY HUMMUS, Happy Pear, Wicklow
BRONZE AWARD WINNERS:
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA FISH PIE, Ballymaguire, Dublin
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA VINTAGE RED CHEDDAR CHEESE, Bandon Vale, Cork
- MOO'D JAMMIE DODGER ICE CREAM, Ice Cream Treats Ltd, Cavan
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA BELGIAN CHOCOLATE SPONGE PUDDING, Seerys Heatherfield Ltd, Carlow
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA HOT CROSS BUNS, Sean Stafford Bakeries Ltd, Wexford
- THE HAPPY PEAR SPICY RED PEPPER PESTO, Happy Pear, Wicklow
- INSPIRED BY CENTRA APPLEWOOD SMOKED SALMON, Dunn's of Dublin, Dublin