Bacon and Mushroom Frittata
- Cook the bacon medallions under the grill and when ready chop into small pieces.
- In a small pan fry the sliced mushrooms for a couple of minutes in some coconut oil and then add the bacon pieces.
- In a measuring just beat together the 4 eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour over the 4 eggs and stir.
- Leave to cook for 5 to 7 minutes; the eggs will start to set.
- Place the pan under a hot grill to finish off the top and make sure it is set; this should take about 5 more minutes. You will know it’s ready when it looks solid and has browned a little.
- Remover from the heat and leave for 1 minute to settle before cutting into 4 slices.
- Serve 2 slices per person.
- You can add to this recipe if you fancy, chopped tomatoes, peppers, feta cheese or some low fat grated cheddar is a nice addition before popping it under the grill.