Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the Meat Department operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provide our customers with excellent quality and products and services.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Craft butchery course is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Numerical skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous customer service experience is an advantage
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi task under pressure
- A passion for food and the ability to inspire shoppers
- HACCP training is beneficial but not essential.
- Actively live Centra brand-values i.e. Proud, Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based
- Maintain retail cuts at a high standard in accordance with customer needs
- Drive sales through ensuring SOPs and store standards are met on a daily basis
- Merchandise and present department to the highest standard
- Implement planograms correctly
- Control stock rotation so that quality and freshness of goods is of the highest standard
- Manage waste and shrink in the department
- Ensure continuous improvement in the Meat Department by remaining up to date with new products and initiatives
- Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions and builds
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.
Couldn't find the right job for you? Don't worry, tell us what you're looking for and we'll let you know as soon as we have an opening.
SuperValu is part of Musgrave, Ireland's leading food retail and wholesale company. Our brands, are market leaders. Check out our other brand for vacancies