Go backBack to dashboard
Poached Eggs & Avocado
- Bring a medium non-stick saucepan full of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar to a full boil under a lid.
- Break eggs carefully into individual ramekins.
- Turn off heat and immediately add eggs gently. Whisk the boiled water to create a whirlpool and slowly tip the egg into the water, white first. Place a lid on top of the saucepan to trap the steam.
- Set timer for 3-4 minutes for runny eggs, 4-5 minutes for medium. Do not lift lid!
- While they are poaching toast the bread.
- Smash avocado and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon remove poached eggs to a paper towel to drain for a few seconds.
- Top toast with avocado, a handful of spinach, poached egg and a pinch more of salt and pepper.