Go backBack to dashboard
Quick Italian Breakfast Eggs
Really quick breakfast option that is packed with nutrients, the addition of basil gives it an Italian feel.
- Chop up the tomatoes; you can also use 3 salad tomatoes or 2 beef tomatoes. The vine tomatoes have lovely flavour in this dish.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and allow to cook until the start to break up, throw in the spinach and basil.
- While the spinach is cooking poach the two eggs in a pot of hot water.
- Keep stirring the spinach into the tomatoes as it’s cooking to distribute the basil.
- Once the spinach is soft turn the mixture out onto a warm plate and top with the two poach eggs.
- Add a few twists of ground black pepper and a little sea salt if desired. Serve and enjoy.