A surprisingly tasty, crispy alternative to fat-loaded snacks. The nut butter helps the flavour to stick and gives you the perfect crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Check the kale for any hard stalks and wash it well.
- Dry it well too (you can use a salad spinner and then blot with kitchen paper). Put the kale in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the almond butter with the olive oil, cumin, chilli (if using), garlic powder and salt.
- Drizzle the mixture over the kale and spend a few minutes using your hands to coat the kale with the spices.
- Spread the kale out on baking trays – you may need 3 or 4 or just cook them in batches.
- Pop them in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes until they are crispy but still green. Leave them to cool for about 5 minutes then lift off the crispy ones and pop any that are still damp back into the oven to crisp up.
- They are best eaten that day but you can store them for 1-2 days in an air-tight container.