- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the pumpkin chunks to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour 700ml stock into the pan, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the pumpkin is very soft.
- Pour the cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender.
- For an extra-velvety consistency you can now push the soup through a fine sieve into another pan.
- Reheat the soup if needed, taste for seasoning, then serve with a cute spider web design. Just fill a sandwich bag with sour cream and snip off a corner.
- Draw a spiral in sour cream and then run a cocktail stick from the center to the edge.