At you local Centra, we have everything you need. Rest assured we’re taking all the necessary care to ensure our shops continue to provide safe environments to shop safely and locally. Our retailers, store staff, warehouse staff and drivers, are keeping the trucks rolling and the shelves stocked with fresh food, Irish meat and freshly baked bread daily.
Protecting our staff and customers is our number one priority, we will continue to offer the following measures in our stores:
- Sanitiser stations
- Contactless payments of up to €50
- Plexiglass to protect staff and customers
- Wearing face masks to protect each other
- Limiting numbers shopping instore at any one time
- Contactless Online delivery (selected stores)
Our 470 Centra stores are independently owned, and community based. Our opening times may vary to suit the needs of our local communities so please check with your local store to ensure that they are open before you make your journey.
All of our stores are receiving supplies regularly direct from our dedicated delivery drivers and warehouses. Our suppliers and teams are doing everything possible to get as many products onto all our shelves as they can. So we ask you to please be considerate in the way you shop and buy only what you need, it helps everyone.
We are also very mindful of the elderly and vulnerable people in the community. Our stores are prioritising the elderly all day long and our staff are committed to ensuring these people are looked after when they visit. This is very much part of how we operate on a daily basis in the community.
Many of our stores have a tailored approach in place according to the specific needs of the local community they serve in.
Protecting our Staff
Protecting our staff and customers is our number 1 priority. We have a range of preventative measures in place across our Centra Stores to stem the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to have upweighted sanitisation and cleaning protocols in place, with stores cleaning trolley and basket handles as preventative measures. Please observe any directions given in-store over the tannoy or as directed by signage or staff.
We ask for your support in implementing these necessary measures:
- To protect each other, it is mandatory to wear a face covering while shopping in our stores.*
- Sanitise your hands when entering.
- At busy times we will need to limit the number of people entering the store.
- Use contactless or card payments where possible – Contactless threshold has been raised to €50.
- Buy what you need, we are re-stocking regularly.
- If you need any help just ask
*Please let us know if you are exempt from wearing a mask and we will support you in getting your shopping.
To help with social distancing while you shop, please remember to keep 2 meters apart at all times.
- Use the size of a trolley as a distance guide between each other.
- Follow the floor marking distance guides at checkouts.
- Plexiglass has been installed at all of our checkouts as an added protective measure for our cashiers.
If you should be self-isolating, we ask that you respect our teams and customers by not visiting our stores. Please use our online shopping service or ask a family member or friend to pick up the essential items you need.
Care for our elderly
At Centra we make it our business to care for our most vulnerable and elderly customers all day every day. Our staff are always on hand to help those that are most in need.
An Online Shopping service is currently available in over 70 Centra stores nationwide. Please go to centra.ie/beat-the-queue/grocery to view the latest list of stores.
Further info: centra.ie/beat-the-queue/grocery
If you’d like to join our teams in store or on the road, click below to see our Centra opportunities near you.
Apply today: centra.ie/careers